I was going to try and write a real entry, but have invaded my fictional town of Dalkery, and therefore my brain is ignoring anything real. Writing my stories again feels wonderful, you have no idea how wonderful, but I didn’t want to forget this little blog of mine–I already updated [[tasty & gluten free]] so I wanted to share the love here as well. It took me a while to come up with something to write, and tada: I found this on Facebook, a bunch of friends were doing it.
You’re supposed to write 25 random things about yourself, and then tag the friends you want to learn more about.
So, in no particular order, 25 things about me:
- I was born in Lahr, Germany.
- My middle name is Rae (after my grandfather). I had two friends who also have the same middle name which just blows my mind.
- I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was five years old. There was a short aspiration to be a princess, and an actress, but both were short lived.
- I am a recovered self injurer, and for the first time in my life I honestly believe that I have overcome it.
- I love birds, all birds, from budgies, to ducks and even pigeons. My friends think I’m weird but I totally try to get them to come to me when I’m waiting for the bus. I also tend to name them often.
- My 3 favorite singers are: Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan & Frank Sinatra.
- I’ve written a movie script, based on one of my stories, and I’m dying to film it. I’m just terrified someone will think I’m weird if I do.
- Sushi could possibly be my favorite food. Especially Kappa (cucumber) Maki.
- If I could afford it, I would probably go to school forever and take every possible class.
- My favorite (alcoholic) drink is Jack Daniels.
- I love tofu and I don’t think it gets nearly enough love.
- I love Batman. In fact, I have a collection of Batman inspired shirts: I have two with the Bat signal, one with Catwomen (old comic book version) and my Joker shirt, which I bought after seeing the Dark Knight for the second time.
- I have the bottom of my bellybutton pierced instead of the top. I also pierced my bellybutton twice–myself, with a safety pin–before I turned 15. I was a rebel.
- Part of me thinks it would be awesome to open my own restaurant someday–something that had food which was low fat, gluten free, dairy free, and had a collection of vegan and vegetarian friendly recipes.
- I love to exercise, and I really miss it when I don’t. By the summer I want to start running, and make a goal to go running everyday. I just feel at my best when I am exercising.
- I’m a pirate at heart.
- Just before grade 10, lost 60 pounds in just over 2 months.
- Sometimes I still feel like the fat ninth grader I once was–no matter if I weigh 96 pounds or 116 pounds. Part of me is scared I’ll always feel this way, and stuff like calories will forever haunt me.
- I love Hello, Kitty and I plan on getting a Hello, Kitty skull and crossbones tattoo someday. (A very small one.)
- I have two other tattoos I want to get in the near future: an infinity symbol on my wrist, and my bird Tripper, who flew away on 7-7-07. I plan on finally getting the Tripper tattoo this summer on the anniversary of the day he flew away. I also want one on my ribs that reads: “You cannot have a beautiful ending without first making beautiful mistakes.”
- I was on my high school dance team.
- I always wanted bunk beds when I was kid–so I bought myself bunk beds last winter and I love them.
- I already own my wedding dress, even though I won’t be getting married anytime soon. It cost me $35 at Frenchy’s and is the dress I’ve been dreaming about since I was a kid (once I shorten it about 2 inches).
- Some of the best moments of my life (and most memorable, for sure) happened before I was even eighteen.
- I prefer non-dairy milk over dairy milk even though technically I’m only lactose intolerant and can drink lactose free milk. I think chocolate Almond Breeze was probably the tastiest thing ever created. And nothing beats Rice Divine Mudd Pie ice cream.
Now I don’t have anyone in particular to tag, but if you want to let the world know more about you then I encourage you to share 25 random facts about yourself!