Life hasn’t been overly exciting as of late. I’ve worked twice, done more shopping then maybe I should have, had an awesome day hanging out with Alicia, and have lacked in both tidying and organizing (my bedroom is a pitiful mess) and writing. But the thing is: I want to write. I want to tell stories. It’s just that everytime I try to think of something relevent and amazing to write about, all I can think about is how lame it is and then the computer screen remains blank. I don’t know when I started to care about what other people think of what I write. I write for me, and only me. That’s why I started this blog in the first place!
Now my fictionpress stories on the other hand… that is a completely different story.
Anyways, to keep myself writing, here is a basically summary of all those things going on lately. Like, I said, life isn’t a whirlwind of excitement right now, but that doesn’t meaning I’m living the life of a nun. So, in no particalar order–my life:
- Speaking of starting this blog, on Sunday is the official one year anniversary of the beginning of this blog. I’m not sure if I’m going to do some kind of special post on it, or what, but I can’t believe it’s been almost one year since the beginning. Also, I can’t believe it’s been a year since the events of last summer.
- I’ve done quite a bit of shopping lately. Not an excessive amount, but I have bought quite a few adorable things (and thankfully, on great sales). However, one of my biggest splurges has been these shoes. While I tend to be subdued in my shoe choice pretty often, I fell in love with those shoes the moment I saw them (a couple months ago) and I’ve waited and waited and waited to buy them. I almost didn’t get them–they were all sold back. But when I found them, and tried them on, it was like Cinderella and her glass slippers. The perfect fit. Also: I managed to work over three hours in them, just after buying them and I didn’t feel like killing myself. Always a shoe bonus.
- Some of my cousins from PEI came to visit this weekend. The three girls–Kara, Kacey and Jenna–are busy, busy, busy but it was so great seeing them. Kara and Kacey were born here, when I was eleven (almost 12) and are turning 12 the 21st of August. Kacey was the first newborn baby I ever held and now the two of them are going into grade seven this fall! Doesn’t make me feel old, or anything…
- I’ve restarted Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the beginning. Shows about vampires in love with humans are a pretty big trend right now (Twilight, Trueblood, the new show coming out on the CW The Vampire Diaries) but to me Buffy will always be the best of the best. It may be campy, and cheesy, and some of the fashions are… interesting. But this show will always been my ultimate favorite. I can watch it over, and over and over.
- Yesterday I went grocery shopping with Mum and found Glutino Spinach Soy Cheese gluten-free pizza (with brown rice crust) for $5.99. Now while I tend not to eat prepackaged foods often–especially those which are processed and higher-fat foods–I couldn’t pass these up. In fact, we bought two, just because these things tend to go quickly. Oh, and they are amazing. It’s been a long while since I’ve had a quick pizza like that. Definitely not something I could eat a lot, but perfect for once in a while (especially those lazy days when I want pizza and don’t feel like making my own). Another amazing new gluten-free and dairy-free discovery: these Purely Decandant ice cream bars. Mine were made with coconut milk, which I couldn’t find on the website. But none the less: yum yum yum.
- Speaking of food, Katie from Chocolate Covered Katie is hosting a give away on her blog for a Spirializer. And oh my god, do I want one! I’ve been seeing these on the food blogs I frequent, but her recipes this week have been so yummy looking. I’m not a pasta person in the least, but I do love my spaghetti sauce a lot. Usually, I eat it on it’s own, or with spaghetti squash. Being able to make noodles out of zuchini? Oh, it would be so perfect. My fingers are crossed that maybe, just maybe, I could win. But if not, trust me, I’ll be buying one of these anyway.
And that’s pretty much my life right now. Besides enjoying the last few weeks of summer, and trying to decide what to do once September comes, there isn’t much going on. Hopefully, the room gets clean, and I get organized sooner rather than later. A couple more mornings waking up at 6am, and I may just get it done. I’ll be a tired, cranky, mess. But at least my shoes will be organized.
Oh, and one final thing: I have a cousin leaving for Afghanistan (actually, he may have already left) and all I ask is that you keep him in your thoughts. With all the news of young soilders being killed, I get more and more scared for him. He’s a month older than me, to the day (September 15th) and currently has a baby on the way. All I can pray is that he returns home swiftly, but more importantly, safely.
Clinton, my thoughts are with you.