Wow, it’s 2010. Isn’t that insane? Also insane–I’ve lacked in updating since December 20th. I had a wonderful Christmas, and an even more wonderful New Years Eve, and now it’s a brand new year. Which, of course, means making resolutions for the year to come. I’ve never been big on making resolutions, mostly because if I don’t accomplish them, I just feel like I failed. But since I really want to work on accomplishing great things this year, I’ve made a list of things I want to cross off my list. They’re not really resolutions, I guess. More a list of things I want to finish before 2011 comes around.
- Get my full drivers license.
- Save a couple grand (at least) and look into moving out on my own.
- Look into (maybe) going back to school.
- Get a job outside the mall.
- Write at least one hour every day–without distraction (internet or television) even if it’s jibberish.
- Create a real writing space, including my Andy Warhol statue from the Andy Warhol inspiration box I got for Christmas.
- Be more comfortable being intimate.
- Improve flaws in eating. (Which includes cooking more, and bringing a lunch to work instead of relying on smoothies.)
- Clean//organize and stay clean and organized.
- Start exercising regularly not just for my body, but also for my mind.
- Get serious about my manuscript (which now simply sits in a folder on my computer untouched for the last couple months.) Look into publishers and submit.
And, of course. 12. Get at least one of my tattoos!
To be honest, I would love to accomplish all of these things this year. Maybe I will. But if I could accomplish at least half these things this year, then I would feel like I’ve made something of the year as a whole. Of course, who knows what 2010 holds, but since I started my year so wonderfully I have a good feeling about this year.