Things I’m currently obsessed with:
- The Big Bang Theory — maybe it’s the fact I have my very own physics nerd, but I love this show. I spent two days off, on Andrew’s couch, going through the first two seasons, and part of the third. Watching it seriously makes me want to move out already, but to California where it would be warm and I wouldn’t have to worry about snow.
- Gluten-free, vegetarian taco salad — I made these for Andrew for Vegetarian Thursday and they were fantastic. I based the mixture on THIS recipe, only used chopped peppers and onion instead of the other veggies. It was pretty fantastic, and a great start to my goal of cooking more in the new year. (I also made gluten-free french toast for breakfast yesterday as well.)
- Argyle — okay, I know that’s a weird one but I’ve been obsessed with this green argyle sweater I saw last year, and never bought. Lately I’ve been searching for something similar. I’ve found a argyle sweater vest on Wednesday (it’s purple!) and a teal sweater but I’m still on the search for the green one I fell in love with all those months ago (in my size… why is everything too big for me?!)
- Writing paper & letter writing — another goal I have for the new year is to write more letters (I’ve been a horrible pen pal… sorry Ev’yan!). Now that I’m considerably less busy with work, I have more time for writing. The only problem is I’m dying for beautiful writing paper and have been searching everywhere for something truly stunning. Until I find it, however, I’ll have to improvise. We’ll see what’s going to happen.
- A Starbucks sugar-free cinnamon dolce soy cappuccino — not only is it a mouthful, and a bit pricey, but it’s a party in the mouth. I’ve tried to cut back on my over consumption of coffee (mostly because it does add up, and I want to start saving more money) but once in a while there is nothing better than this creamy, dreamy, caffeinated delight.
Other honorable mentions:
- My Christmas snuggie.
- Brand new sheets.
- Brightly colored shelving (for organizing).
- Chex cereal.
- Deathcab for Cutie.
- Giant rings.
- Random tipsy nights at Andrew’s apartment.
- Brightly colored nail polish.
- Waking up beside Andrew.