The other night, I laid in bed just thinking about love, and relationships, and all that jazz. And I started thinking about my dream man. Of course, Chris Lowell instantly popped in my head (sa-woon), but he’s a celebrity, and lives in LA, and that might make it a bit hard to meet him. So then I actually started thinking about what my future boyfriend (when the time comes) might need to be the perfect man for me. The thing is, I’m not cool. I’ve never been cool. And I’m a little high maintenance (but not on purpose). So I came up with kind of a list of things that this future man, whoever and wherever he is, might need to sweep me off my platformed feet.
So in the name of fun, and random silly lists, and In no particular order: the future boyfriend checklist.
- Enjoys reading comic books.
- Enjoys reading actual novels.
- A little awkward, nerdy, and silly.
- Does not mind listening to any, and all music (bonus points for love of Frank Sinatra, Bob Dylan and the Ataris).
- Open to trying new and sometimes weird foods (my diet requires it).
- Enjoys cupcakes just because it’s a day that ends in “y”.
- Does not mind lost weekends, way too much gin, and drinking until five in the morning on the front lawn, or in the woods (and taking lots of photographs).
- Love of Batman.
- Enjoys playing video games.
- Enjoys playing board games (bonus points for drunken Monopoly or Twister).
- An ability to balance getting dressed up, and going downtown, and just going to a bar//pub for a drink and a chat.
- Does not mind when I decide I want to just drink like a guy (or pirate).
- Understanding of what “girls night” means (since I know exactly what “guys night” means) — and doesn’t mind if it gets a little crazy.
- Does not mind dancing in the middle of a public place just because.
- Does not mind the occasionally silly game of strip poker, truth or dare, or “I’ve never”.
- Love of theme parties for every occasion.
- Does not mind getting drunk and silly with my parents.
I realize that there probably isn’t one person out there that meets all that, but a girl can dream can’t she? Who knows. Maybe he’s just a table away from me the next time I dine at the Wooden Monkey, or grab a drink at Maxwell’s, or walk down the gluten free isle at Superstore. And if not, well… LA is only a plane ride away, right?